8 Things to do When You Start Wedding Planning
So you’ve just started wedding planning, it’s all a bit daunting and you’re not too sure where to start. We’ve compiled a shortlist of 8 things you should do when you start planning your wedding to help things run a little smoother. Use this and our Ultimate Guide to Wedding Planning, to get yourself well on your way to planning your dream wedding.
- Don’t rush!- enjoy being engaged, enjoy spending time with your partner as fiancé’s and don’t get drawn into the bustle of starting your wedding planning until you are both ready. There’s no rush to get started so don’t feel like you’re behind if you don’t start ASAP- just enjoy your time in your love bubble together!
- Set a budget- this is a very important stage. Weddings are expensive so you need to make sure yours is financially suitable for you. You want to know exactly how much money can be allotted to your wedding and your budget needs to be realistic and achievable and take account of everything you want to be able to afford. It’s good to do some research into the kind of funds you should allot to each supplier.
3. Decide on priorities- is it important to you to have a certain designer dress, have a specific musical act, any family traditions? Now is the time to think about all of these and make a note of them somewhere important. If you decide on these at the start, you’ll have a good focal point to work around.
4. Choose your wedding party- maybe you’ve already decided who will be your maid of honour and which of your best pals you’d like to have right by your side. This is a fun planning task you can get sorted pretty early with your partner- deciding on bridesmaids and groomsmen.
5. Have fun- make sure you’re enjoying the start of your wedding planning process and are having fun as a couple. Whether you’re searching Pinterest together with a glass of wine or discussing colour schemes over a home-cooked dinner- just make sure you take the time to enjoy what you’re doing, don’t let it become a chore.
6. Search for inspiration- the internet is at your disposal here, Pinterest is an amazing tool for inspiration, organising different categories into boards so you can easily visualise your ideas. Wedding blogs and magazines are also a good starting point. Make sure to take a look at our Pinterest account for inspiration.
7. Define your style- what music styles do you like; do you prefer a rustic or classic decor style; do you like ballroom dresses or fishtail? Getting a wide scope of what you would like your wedding to look like, will streamline the rest of the process as you know what you are looking for.
8. Sort important suppliers- these will be the venue, photographers and entertainers (the suppliers that physically need to be there on the day). Start off by securing your wedding date at Offley Place, then researching photographers and entertainers (make sure to check out our recommended suppliers!).
And there we have it, 8 important things to do and remember when you start planning your wedding.